Sunday 14 March 2010

18 days to go...

March can't be over soon enough for me this year. It started off crap, got progressively better, then reverted to shit again. And it's not even (quite) halfway through yet. I suppose that means that there's still time for another turn-around, but I won't hold my breath. April might not be any better; of course it won't, a new month doesn't effect anything relevant; but I'm already associating March 2010 with a lot of bad things - I'll just be glad when it's over.

Anyway, I'm not going to go into much detail as it won't achieve anything; but I've had another unwanted message on Facebook - this time from a pre-children ex who I broke off contact with last summer after finding out he was a pathological liar. I've had to let down Sarah by saying I can't be her Maid of Honour (that's killing me inside); and in the process of making that decision I actually had a really brief moment where I wished I didn't have children. It passed in less than a second but the guilt I felt for even allowing the thought to enter my mind is horrific.


Speaking of children, I've had to have a 'conversation' with Sophie this evening. Two incidents (neither major) of biting in one day, when there's been no problem for months (and probably less than half a dozen previous occurrences in her life). We had a long chat about the difference between being cheeky and being naughty and she was able to give me many examples of each (although her imagination when it came to naughty things is now worrying me slightly). Hoping that's the end of it, at least for the foreseeable future.


That'll do for now: time for a can of Fosters, a Johnny Depp movie and my huge pile of ironing.

No comments:

Post a Comment