Monday 24 May 2010

It's been a while since I last wrote anything here: so much has happened in the mean time but not a lot has changed... New month (almost finished), new school term for Sophie, new government (I'm not even going to get into how I feel about that, I'd be here all night)...

Two more OU assignments have been due in; I did well in one and didn't bother with the other... That earned me a rather stern look from my mother, but I've never been one for putting any more effort into my work than I needed to (unless it was something I was really interested in), so it shouldn't really have come as a surprise to her. Maybe that was part of the problem, perhaps she thought I'd grown up since school... It doesn't matter anyway, my overall continuous assessment score is enough to pass the course - as long as I get 40% in the exam. Still got a while to revise for that: 14th June, that's weeks away right?

I've had at three nights out since I last wrote. Three, is that right? Sounds rather excessive for me... I went out for my birthday; drank too much, made some rather weird comments (including somehow comparing baby feet to sharks teeth - not quite sure how, I might have to find out how that worked...) good night out though. Then I had free tickets to a recording of Would I Lie To You: I was really looking forward to that but we didn't make it to the studio on time. Ended up going to see Iron Man II at the cinema instead - definitely not a wasted evening. Most recently, I went to see Lee Mack live in Hammersmith. I love that man. Brilliant birthday present from Brendan, even if he hasn't paid me back for the tickets yet ;)

The kids are continuing to grow up far too quickly. I won't complain though, this age is just brilliant. Despite all the strops, tantrums, answering back etc! Besides, now they're bigger I've actually managed to plan a holiday. Chalet just outside Cardiff for 7 days, in less than 4 weeks. I can't wait. I'm not wishing the time away though, got my OU exam 5 days beforehand... That sounds pretty close; maybe I should start thinking about revising...

Just to put a dampener on things (his timing is impeccable as always) Scott's been back in touch about the kids. He "would like 2 be apart off both there lives" - how come it's the grammar that grates more than anything else? I could easily agree to him being "apart" from their lives, that's easy. Can I, with a clear conscience, assume that's what he really meant? Damned Facebook. It makes it too easy for people best forgotten to make themselves remembered. I've always said I would never stop him seeing the kids though, and I won't go back on that. But if he's serious, he needs to get in touch with the CSA first...

With that slightly sour note, I'm going to leave this for now. I'll no doubt be back again in a month or so... For now, I have half a can of Fosters (my second of the night) waiting for me, and I think I can hear my bed calling. It's hard to tell from down here...

No comments:

Post a Comment